Monthly Archives: August 2011

8 Hrs – Chapter 06 – Fuselage Assembly

Removed the fuselage sides from the jigs after some preliminary checks with the bulkheads.  I had some 4×4 scraps left from the table build, which are very uniform, and I used them for spacers on the table for assembly.  Screwed … Continue reading

Posted in 06. Fuselage Assembly | Leave a comment

26 Hrs – Ch 05 – Fuselage Sides

Glued in the electrical duct with 5 min epoxy.  There were some voids, but I patched with micro.  Filled in the rest of the space with scrap foam, and filled in the gaps with micro.  Put a piece of plastic … Continue reading

Posted in 05. Fuselage Sides | Leave a comment

Chapter 5 – 21 Hrs – Fuselage Sides

After talking with Ron (Technical Advisor), I spent the day sanding down the voids on the longerons, and trying to fill about 30 air bubbles with epoxy.  Still have a few more voids that I missed, but will wait till … Continue reading

Posted in 05. Fuselage Sides | Leave a comment

Chapter 5 – 20 Hrs – Fuselage Sides

Due to not having my UND Fiberglass issues tended to yet (as of 7/16), I have been working on tying up some loose ends and working ahead.  I added some spacers to the jigs to get the top longeron edge … Continue reading

Posted in 05. Fuselage Sides | Leave a comment